Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2017

Maori Culter

Today we are starting to read a book called New Zealand sacred mountains
I found out some questions before during and after. I started with before and wrote three went onto during wrote three  and needed none for after.
http://media.newzealand.com/en/story-ideas/new-zealands-sacred-mountains/
Before the story
1. What temperature are they
2. How tall are they
3. what part of the NZ are they placed

My question during the story

1. How long did they grief for
2.How could they tell there gender
3. How did they find out that the mountains were gods
My questions after the story
NONE because I already done all six I needed

I read battle of the mountain and I learnt that In ancient time's before people came to Aotearoa the heart of Te ika-a-Maui is a great assembly of mountains. I also learnt that there were four tall, strong, arrogant mountains called Tongariro, Taranaki, Tauhara and Putauaki and I found out that the similarity was both story's have something to do with mountains.


I learnt that two bus drivers from Nimon and Sons, who took the Napier children to the mountain, had reported back to their base that they could see an ash plume 2km high, a spokesman said.

1.How far away was it from NZ?
2.How hot was the ash?
3.How long did it last for?





1 comment:

  1. A great recap of what you read Erika. Were there more similarities and could you give more detail of the second story. I enjoyed how the author use personification in the second story to paint a picture with words. What is your opinion on this?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.